Monday, July 4, 2011

Pink or Blue??? The 411 on Baby M's Gender Reveal Party!

THE BIG MOMENT EVERY NEW PARENT DREAMS OF!!! TELLING THE FAM & BFF's

I don't know where to start. . .this will be a long post.  The Reveal Party was just such a fun experience and something we will never forget.  Pete and I both were involved with the planning and loved every minute of it.  A huge thanks to our family and closest friends that really made it fun.  It honestly would not have been the same without our special group and we so appreicate you traveling to be here on a Holiday weekend. We are so grateful for each one of you and feel so blessed by how excited and involved you all want to be in Baby M's life.  This kid will be so spoiled!!!

So. . .I will give you the play by play of the night and what went down :)

THE INVITATION: So since I love to research everything, Tiny Prints is one of my favorite stationary websites.  They are also my go to place for thank you and Christmas Cards.  They allow you to customize alot, which I love instead of being generic.  Pete and I had it narrowed down to 2 and for some reason we just fell in love with this one.  It was gender neutral and I could really see the theme coming together. 
Check out Tiny Prints!



THE COLORS & Decorations : We went with Pink, Green, and Blue for the decor theme.  For the decorations I wanted to keep it fun and yet baby festive.  The owl theme from the inviation got carried throug as well.  The onezies that we had made, ( you can see them from the April previous post) made an appearance and were totally used as an adorable banner for the mantle with mini closepin clips.  I had all the cards out too that everyone has sent.  We had Pink and Blue cups and you were suppose to drink out of whatever color you picked for your guess of gender.  My Mom had these fun paper balls that were in the colors I wanted so we used that over the food table. 




THE CAKE ( More like a Master Piece): Major props to the one and only Miss Lisa Vaccaro.  She has been like a second parent since I met her 20 something years ago-- I think I was maybe 6.  As soon as I was telling her about my idea, she immediately volunterred to make our special cake.  Literally she should be a professional as this thing looks identitcal to my invitation.  The baby cake is what Pete and  I cut into to reveal if it has pink or blue icing.  LOOK AT THAT ADORABLE BABY CAKE!!!



THE FOOD: So I had read about some ideas we could do that would be cool for a gender reveal party. . .. then it came to me.  We had to include things about Pete and I.  Since I have just now broken even in the weight department from pre-pregnancy weight, I have to say. . .I have not had a ton of cravings.  I tend to gravitate towards the healthy things I ate before pregnancy with just a few splurges.  Pete on the other hand- he can put down some food and still manage to keep an 8 pack of abs.  I wanted to create a non-traditional menu that would be all the favorite things that we both love-- thats how I came up with Heather & Pete's Cravings for the menu items.  I picked what I wanted and then I let Pete pick what he wanted to have.  Needless to say, his friends loved his menu since he had Wendy's Junior Bacon Cheeseburgers, Pizza, and Buffalo Chicken Dip :)
My Mom and I found this really cute chalk board and we had the menu posted on that.








TEAM PINK & TEAM BLUE: This was one of the best parts of the night.  There was a large group pulling for Blue.  Everyone was suppose to wear PINK or BLUE depending on what they thought Baby M was.  Clearly from the pic, you can tell that Team Blue had more votes- haha!


                 BLUE

VS. PINK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



THE SPECIAL PEOPLE: Blessed is what I can say about this group of people.  They are all so special and mean the world to Pete and I.  I am so glad that Family and Friends were able to be there for this special news.  We love and appreciate all of you.  Mom & Sissy's-- Thanks so much for all of your help with the prep and clean up. 


          ALL THE LADIES!!!



AUNT STEPH Dialing in from CT!!! I think she is still in shock that her Chinese Gender Chart was wrong- haha!



  Mom & her Best Friend, Miss Lis ( AKA: Master Cake Woman)

     THE BOYS!!

           SISTERS!!!

The ENGAGED LADIES!!!  Congrats to Haley, Mandy,  Em & Kristina- all getting married in 2012








TIME FOR THE BIG MOMENT: CAKE CUTTING!!!  Please watch my Dad's face on the video-- he wants a BOY so bad!!!

Everyone crowded around & my other Best Friend Stephanie was at the party via FACETIME on my IPHONE. . . .. . and we sliced into the baby cake. . . .was it PINK or BLUE??





See how it all went down-- my Dad's reaction is priceless ( see bottom right hand corner)


IT'S A BOY!!!!

The inside showed the blue icing- Precious!!






  THE PROUD GIGI & POPPY!!!  Their 1st Grandchild is on the way




LOVE, H & P, & Baby M

1 comment: