Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pregnancy 101 Questions!

     16 1/2 Week Pic!!  Still no real bump yet. . . .just a slight one



I always like to ask a million questions, especially if it is something I am interested in.  Since breaking the news about the bun in the oven, I have had all kinds of fun questions asked of me.  Here are just a few that I really liked :)
Keep bringing them on ladies:

*Q1- Was it frustrating or did it take you a while to get pregnant?  Did you do anything different?

*A: Actually I was really surprised that it happened immediately.  I had definitely mentally prepared myself for about a 6 month time frame so that I would not freak out if it took a while.  I also decided to take prenatal vitamins about 6 months in advance since we were not sure when we would start trying-- that could have been different then what most people do, but what my doctor recommended.  I have heard that it is better to prepare your body rather than not, so I just made sure I stayed calm and just went about my normal day once we decided to go off the pill.  We just went on with our normal lives so it wasn't like I had sex more, or freaked out about certain days or did ovulation strips ( I did end up using them, but only after I was already pregnant and thought I had missed 2 periods).  I highly recommend those trying to conceive to check out this website and purchase some of their products- they also have coupons to save you 10-20%, plus free shipping:
Early-Pregnancy-Tests.Com

*Q2- Have you been sick?  ( I got asked this alot)

*A: I really lucked out with not getting morning sickness.  The only time that I have felt truly barfy was when we flew to Mexico in May.  I definitely have had some other odd symptoms but I tend to honestly get more "night sickness" as I like to call it.  Around 8 or 9pm I feel the heartburn, stomach cramps, bloating. . . .so maybe mine is a reverse.  I have never actually thrown up.  I did ask my doctor her thoughts on the correlation between morning sickness and the gender of the baby.  She said that honestly has nothing to do with it and some people will be dog sick either way, and others will feel better than ever.
My big thing has been cramping from day 1-- that is actually how I figured out I was pregnant.  Even now at almost 16 weeks, the cramping is almost a daily thing.

*Q3- Everyone wants to know about Sex during pregnancy- haha!

A: Honestly I think this just depends on the couple.  For me, it has not been a big deal or any issue, but I would totally understand if one of my girlfriends said they were totally UN-interested.  I mean lets face it-- with all the pressure, extra blood flow, extra sensitivity and cramping. . . .it may be the last thing you want to think about.  I do think the ladies have to think about the hubs and how that could be a very long 9 months. . . . .I also think sometimes it may be the guys that get weird at the thought of a baby being "right there" ( as they like to think- haha).  You just have to do what you feel comfortable with as a couple-- that would be my advice on that one.

*Q4- Are you going to find out the Sex??

A: Definitely YES!! We actually are planning on having a 4th of July/Baby Reveal Party to tell our closest friends and fam the sex of Baby M.  This is becoming a more popular trend these days rather than just blurting out what the baby is.  I think because it is our first, I want to do as many cool things as possible to remember all the excitement.  Plus, with our awesome group of friends it is just another excuse to have a party and hang out together.  When we go for the 18 week fetal anatomy ultrasound, we are hoping that Baby M will cooperate and we will be able to find out if it is a he or a she.  I just ordered the invites for the party and I can't wait to see them :)

*Q5- Are you scared about the delivery and what are your thoughts on getting an epidural?

A: I know it is going to hurt-- that is for sure!! I have a high tolerance for pain ( I think) and so although I have doubts about how it is possible for this baby to fit out, I know it happens everyday. 
Probably the hardest part is not knowing the level of pain.  I am definitely getting an epidural-- why be in pain if you don't have to??  More power to the Moms that can go natural-- I know my Mom did that with all 3 of us, but there is no way I am going to venture down that road :)
I hope I only have to push for a few minutes. . . .PLEASE GOD!!!

*Q5 - Do you think that you will travel less when Baby M comes?

A:  I am sure our lifestyle is going to change more then we can comprehend at this point.  We have always loved to travel, even if it is just a short trip. I remember one year our goal was to go somewhere every month for the year- haha! If I sold a house, we would say. . . .ok where to next. This year so far we have been to: NYC, Charleston, San Fran, & Mexico and it is only June. I think we will still take trips within driving distance, but I don't know how flying with an infant will go.  I guess we will just have to see how easy going the Lil bun is and then go from there.

*Q6- What are you going to do for the nursery and name?

A:  I really have not done or envisioned anything yet.  Once I know what Baby M is, I will be going to town with the baby ideas.  I am going to check out alot of color pallets because I want the nursery to be something classic and chic and not babyish.  I would love it if the nursery could be something that could be used/converted for a while even when the baby gets older.  I will be sure to post some pics when my ideas start coming together.
Regarding the name-- I have a feeling we might keep that a secret until the end.  It will literally probably take Pete and I till the Baby is born to agree on a name- haha!  Who knows we might change our mind and let everyone know if we come to a decision, but I also think we might want to actually see the baby to see if they look like the name we picked out.

*Q7- Are you going to work after the baby is born? ( This has been a big question so far)

A:  YES!! I know my life and priorities will be changing dramatically, but my career has always been a huge part of me.  The drive and motivation makes up a part of me that I would feel lost without.  Baby M is going to be my main focus, but I definitely will be going back to work after the maternity leave.  I think it is awesome for the Moms that can stay home as that is a full time job in itself.   I just don't think I am cut out to be a stay at home Mom.  I have wanted to be a Mom forever, but I have a feeling I will balance being a Wife, Mom, and Career Woman all at the same time-- I love chaos so hopefully I can handle it post baby :)

*Q8-  What are your favorite products and indulgences?

A:  Hmmm. . . .I do have a few products.  My favorite lotion is: Johnson & Johnson Cream Baby Oil Lotion.  It comes in a coco butter scent for aloe vera. I also love Vanilla scented candles.  Part of pregnancy is you get a heightened sense of smell, so my big thing this pregnancy has been making sure everything smells fresh- candles, and scented oil plug ins are all over our house.
Indulgences: I now love online shopping. . .EEEKK Pete got me started on that.
Massages are another one of my favs to relax-- now I can only get the maternity ones, but they are still really nice.

*Q9- What are some of your favorite snacks?

A:  I had a very healthy diet prior to getting pregnant so that has carried with me so far:  These are some of my go- to snacks though!
*Greek Yogurt with Fresh Blueberries and Flax Seed Granola
*Banana with Jiff Peanut Butter
*Strawberries and Frozen Grapes
*2% Milk String Cheese and Almonds
*Cheese Itz's
*Celery with Jiff Peanut Butter

*Q10- How much weight have you gained so far & do you still workout?

A: 0!  I lost about 4-5 pounds in the first trimester and as of my last appointment I still had about a pound to go to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight. . .we will see at my 18 week appointment :)
Yes, I still work out about 5 times per week.  My doctor said it would help me with all my cramping especially since my body was already used to me working out prior to getting pregnant.  I definitely think it makes you feel so much better vs. not working out. 

No comments:

Post a Comment