Thursday, January 20, 2011

The New Lil' One--Welcome to the World Chloe Shannon Chawla!

OMG, my BFF finally had her bundle of girl this past weekend!! Steph and I talked almost every day during her pregnancy so I felt like I knew so many details. Sam made sure to give me all the play-by-plays of labor via text.  Steph did so great and I am really proud of her.  Lil Chloe made it into the world January 16th at 11:43pm, weighing in at 6 lbs 7 oz, and 20" long--she is just beautifully perfect!  Steph & Sam have always called me " Lil One" but as soon as Chloe was born they said " Your not the Lil One any more"- haha!

When Steph was still pregnant we would always talk about Chloe and say, " I hope she has alot of hair, and dark eyes, and I would always tell Steph to make sure her little head didn't get messed up on the way out ( haha).  I have no idea why that freaks me out, but Chloe came out with the perfect head, and the great hair!
After talking to Steph during the beginning of her labor I am definitely really scared-- especially when she said 2 comments: # 1 " Lil one don't ever do this- it is so bad, and # 2 " I think I am drying a slow death at home"- Yikes!
I reminded  her of what she said after the fact, and she just laughed ( don't know what to think that means)

Christie and I are going to visit next month for Steph's birthday after all of the family clears out, and I can't wait.  I already gave Steph the heads up that she will get to do feedings but that is about it- Christie and I will be monopolizing the baby for 3 days. 

Take a look at the pics below of precious Chloe-- the first one is right after birth, and the second is when she is about 3 days old.

Congrats Steph & Sam- love you both!!

HCM



Chloe Shannon Chawla
January 16, 2011 11:43 pm


No comments:

Post a Comment