Saturday, August 27, 2011

25-26 Week Update!

Almost to the 3rd Trimester!! It has been a busy last 2 weeks.  Adam, Kate, Wyatt, and Callie all came down for a visit last weekend.  It was great to see them and to get to spend time with the kids.  The boys took Wyatt to a baseball game, while Kate, Callie, & I had some girl time and went stroller shopping.  We might be making a switch to the stroller scene.  I know we have plans to have more kids, and hopefully not too far apart, so we started thinking about getting something that works for adding on an additional seat. . . . .maybe the City Select Stroller.  I really don't think some people thing past just 1 child, but have you seen what all this stuff costs? That will make you plan ahead.   I still would get all the cool features of the bassinet, and 15 other ways to change positions, so it might just be a possibility for Baby M :)

Check out some pics of the kids-- they are so cute!!






27 Week Update for Baby M!!!





How far along?? 26 weeks and 5 days

Size of Baby M? Check him out- I think he is squished in there
Baby, fetus at 26 weeks - BabyCenter
Symptoms: Major Braxton Hicks Contractions ( Yes, I know already). . .there was a scary episode today where they lasted from 6am-9am and we almost had to go to the doctor to get him checked out.  Apparently, I might be in for this for the next 6 weeks.  Lots of crotch kicking still going on too but I am glad he is active.  I think as a new Mom you need that to know they are ok in there

Movement:  Lots of strong kicking all day and night long now.  Our new favorite thing is to watch him literally move across my stomach at night time.  I was telling Pete that I read in one of the baby books where they start to open their eyes around week 27, so we have been putting a flashlight on him to see if he responds :)

Gender: Boy!!! Is the name picked out?  YES!!! WOO HOO

Cravings: Water/Lemonade, Ice Cream, and Crunchy Things

Best Moment of the Week: Getting to see Pete's reaction when he watches the baby move all over the place.  It really is cute to have an involved spouse.  There is nothing like watching the excitement of your spouse for your child.

Maternity Clothes Ideas: Wear normal things and just improvise-- they make for way cuter outfits :)
I tried the belly band since I can still wear my regular pants but the lil bun hated it, so that brilliant idea is out

Total Weight Gain: I will find out Wednesday at the next doctors appointment.


Third Trimester Starts in a little over a week. . . . .YES HOME STRETCH

No comments:

Post a Comment